Blue Ocean Student Entrepreneurs Corp.
1. Who We Are
BOSE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation registered in the State of Maryland, USA.
2. What Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
BOSE uses its best efforts to respect and protect the privacy of its visitors. By using our Site, BOSE collects personally identifiable information from you if you voluntarily choose to submit (e.g., registrations), provide us with permission or otherwise you or someone on your behalf has disclosed such information to us, including information submitted or disclosed by mail, telephone, fax, or electronically. We do not require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our Site. The information we collect includes:
- General personal information (e.g., age and date of birth, names, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses, and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers, gender).
- School information (e.g., school name, address, phone number).
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs and audio during public performances).
- Financial information (e.g., credit card information from donors).
- Insurance information.
- Your organization and title
The other type of information that we may collect from you is non-personally identifiable information. This information includes but is not limited to anonymous data that cannot be traced to the user without the cooperation of the user‘s Internet Service Provider, the user‘s computer operating system, web browser, IP address, browsing patterns, and the domain name of the Internet Service Provider. Such non-personally identifiable information is collected by passive means, from the HTTP headers that are sent from the user when requesting a file from the server. Also, some of the web pages on the Site may contain “cookies,“ or other similar technologies, which allow BOSE to save their members password and settings.
The following explains how BOSE uses your information.
• Provide service communications regarding program registrations, customer service messages, newsletters, general information about BOSE, new offers or about changes to the Sites.
• Process online transactions, including donations.
• Conduct surveys.
• Complete or meet the needs for which the information was provided.
• Provide information, and services.
• Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information.
• Identify you when you visit our Sites.
• Internal research and development purposes.
• Provide public funding source information.
• Personalize and improve the usability of Sites, products, and services.
• Personalization of content, advertising, marketing, programs, and services to you.
• Meet internal audit requirements.
3. Third-Party Data Sharing
We share your information with third parties, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to as follows:
• To fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., BOSE contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as hosting and data storing services through entities including Shop Window and DreamHost).
• Your email address will be used only by the BOSE and its agents and vendors performing services or products on the BOSE‘s behalf. BOSE shares your email address with third parties to enable BOSE to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information.
• You can manage your email preferences, including “opting out“ of email by contacting BOSE as set forth below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from BOSE, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties.
• We will not market, sell, trade, or rent your information or share your information without your permission. This policy applies to all information received by BOSE, both online and offline donations, as well as all donation types and methods. We will not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
• BOSE has no control over or responsibility for the data collection and use practices of third parties that process online transactions.
4. Blogs and Social Networking
If any user of the Site elects to post any material to any blogs, community bulletin boards or social networking forums that may be identified, referred to or offered in the Site, the user shall be solely responsible for all content, messages, text, files, images, photographs, video, audio or other materials. We do not monitor any of the postings to any blogs, community bulletin boards or social networking sites that are identified, referred to or offered on the Site, are not responsible for the content of any postings to any blogs, community bulletin boards or social networking sites that are identified, referred to or offered on the BOSE Site and have no obligation to verify the accuracy of any such postings.
Cookies are small files used to send information from our Sites to your web browser. The Sites use session cookies, which are destroyed when a user closes the Internet browser, and permanent cookies, which remain on the user’s hard drive until manually deleted by clearing the cache. Permanent cookies allow users to utilize the “remember me” feature to avoid having to log in to the Site after closing the previous Internet browser session. Cookies are also used in user analytics, and the user’s personal identity is not tracked. Cookie settings can be controlled in your Internet browser to reject some forms of cookies automatically. If you view the Sites without changing your cookie settings, you are indicating your consent to receive all cookies from the Sites. If you do not allow cookies, some features and functionality of the Sites may not operate as expected.
7. Transmission Errors or Unauthorized Acts
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, BOSE cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. BOSE will not be liable for disclosures of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, once we receive your transmission, we do our best to ensure its security on our systems by making reasonable efforts to protect the information.
Our Sites‘ donation, registration, form request use SSL encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions from your computer to our Sites. You are able to see when the SSL encryption is active either by the “padlock“ icon at the top or bottom of your browser. In certain areas, password protection is used to protect your privacy and security. Any information provided to BOSE is treated with care and discretion. BOSE will take a proactive approach to ensure the information is kept private and not misused. BOSE is not responsible for the conduct of any user of or visitor to the Site. We cannot guarantee that any information transmitted through the Internet, stored on the BOSE computer system or maintained by BOSE will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, including hackers. BOSE assumes no liability for any malfunction, delay in transmission or interruption of Internet service, or deletion, defect, error, omission, theft or alteration of any personally identifiable information.
You will be notified immediately, and pursuant to applicable laws, in the event of a breach of unsecured information.
Users may opt out of communications with BOSE or affiliated parties by sending an email to [email protected]
11. Data Retention and Destruction
BOSE retains information only as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected unless a longer retention period is permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, there are limits on how long we may retain your personal information. BOSE disposes of information within a reasonable amount of time after it is no longer needed for business purposes by erasing electronic media so that the information cannot be read or reconstructed. If you have any questions about the retention periods for holding your personal information, please contact us.
12. Miscellaneous Legal
B. No Warranty; Limitation of Liability
The Sites and all services, materials, information, products, and tools included in or available through the Sites are provided “as is“ and “as available“ without warranty of any kind, express or implied. BOSE disclaims all express and implied warranties with regard to the Sites and all services, materials, information, products, and tools included in or available through the Sites, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Check your applicable laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
The BOSE makes no representations of any kind, expressed or implied: (i) regarding the safety, accuracy, or efficacy of the Sites, or the information stored on the Sites; (ii) that the Sites will operate in a manner that is uninterrupted or error-free, or (iii) regarding any other subject matter of this Agreement.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the BOSE and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, data or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or the results of the use of the Sites, from statements or conduct of any third party using the Sites, or from failure of performance, error, mistake, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors, acts of god/acts of nature/acts of terrorism, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of the Sites, or any other matter relating to the Sites, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, antitrust, negligence, or under any other cause of action or theory of liability.
The BOSE does not warrant that the Sites will be uninterrupted or free of technical or other inaccuracies, mistakes, or typographic or other errors, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or server that makes the website available are free of viruses or other harmful elements.
C. Liability Release; Indemnification